Want to grow some super-fast vegies & herbs during autumn?
During autumn you can sow and grow a tasty, colourful and quick growing selection of vegies and herbs in your backyard vegie patch or potted garden. They’ll be ready to harvest in less than 8 weeks and you’ll have home grown fresh and healthy ingredients right on your doorstep.
Here are the easy steps to grow your own fast food:
- Most vegies do best in a sunny spot that receives at least 6 hours of sunshine a day. However, rocket, tatsoi, baby lettuce, baby spinach and sweet basil will also grow happily in partly shaded spots and you can grow microgreens on a sunny windowsill indoors.
- Before sowing, enrich the soil in the vegie patch with some Yates Dynamic Lifter Soil Improver & Plant Fertiliser. When growing vegies & herbs in pots, use a quality potting mix like Yates Premium Potting Mix.
- Follow the instructions on the seed packs as to how deep and far apart to sow the seed. Keep the soil or potting mix moist while the seeds germinate and the young seedlings establish.
- Feed your vegies and herbs with Yates Thrive Vegie & Herb Liquid Plant Food, which is a complete fertiliser that contains the right balance of nutrients to promote healthy vegie & herb growth and a great harvest.
- For vegies & herbs like rocket, lettuce, spinach and tatsoi, picking leaves regularly will help encourage more growth and a longer harvest season.